Summary Job Description
The Jewish Coalition for Religious Liberty (“JCRL”) is looking to hire a committed, mission-driven Managing Director to manage the coordination of religious liberty projects and operational needs. The Managing Director will coordinate between JCRL and other religious liberty organizations and litigants, to ensure that JCRL can participate in litigation related to religious liberty. The Managing Director will also coordinate projects internal to JCRL, update the JCRL web page, and promote content written by JCRL members.
Work locations are possible in both New York City and Washington, D.C.
Salary is between $50,000 and $70,000 plus benefits, depending on experience. We expect the Managing Director to work at least 40 hours per week on average. As a Jewish organization focused on religious liberty, we will be flexible allowing for religious observances.
Examples of Administrator Responsibilities
- Coordinate with other religious liberty organizations and litigants to ensure that JCRL is aware of the status of upcoming and ongoing religious liberty litigation.
- Coordinate with outside counsel regarding the development of briefs.
- Help find interested organizations and individuals to join JCRL amicus briefs.
- Review religious liberty blogs and news reports to supplement JCRL’s understanding of developments in the field.
- Maintain a database reflecting the status of the JCRL’s current projects to ensure that JCRL members are aware of all ongoing projects.
- Shop op-eds written by JCRL members to appropriate magazines and websites.
- Update the JCRL website with the latest briefs, editorials, and statements put out by JCRL.
Administrator Qualification and Skills
- Passion for promoting religious liberty and a dedication to the JCRL’s mission.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.